Some supplements are just absolutely necessary to have on hand .........
Some of my 5 top favorite Anti- Viral Herbs you don’t usually hear about!
1. ASTRAGALUS- Often not spoken of, Astragalus is taken by mouth for the common cold, upper respiratory infections, seasonal allergies, swine flu, fibromyalgia, anemia, HIV/AIDS, and to strengthen and regulate the immune system. It is also used for chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS), kidney disease, diabetes, and high blood pressure. You can add The COVID-19 to that list!
2. GINGER- My love for ginger is major! Cooking without it would be a huge mistake I just can’t afford. Ginger has been used in eastern medicine for hundreds of years. Fresh ginger contains both antibacterial and antiviral properties. Ginger is believed to help prevent viral infections by increasing the body's temperature. It also works for you by flushing out toxins from your body.
3. ECHINACEA- Echinacea is reported to support the immune system via the activation of lymphocytes and macrophages. Over the past decades, scientists have repeatedly speculated that Echinacea extracts might have direct antiviral effects, for instance on herpes simplex viruses. It works!
4. ELDERBERRY- Elderberry has a potent direct antiviral effect against the flu virus!! It inhibits the early stages of an infection by blocking key viral proteins responsible for both the viral attachment and entry into the host cells. Elderberries are thought to prevent or shorten the duration of herpes outbreaks, decrease pain and inflammation, and reduce symptoms of upper respiratory infections. Many people consider the elderberry plant one of the most powerful for preventing and treating colds and influenza and swear by its antiviral properties. The results of some studies show that elderberries do indeed have significant benefits against cold and influenza symptoms.
5. REISHI- Reishi mushrooms and their extracts have potent antiviral and antibacterial properties that can help protect the body from deadly microorganisms that threaten health as one ages. ... And Reishi extracts also target the hepatitis B virus, while protecting the liver against its damaging effects in preclinical research.
Please don’t forget to drink water, wash your hands, eat more fruits and vegetables to help build your immune system! Remember to take brisk walks in the early morning hours from 9am -12pm for better sun absorption, Vitamin D is key to keeping you healthy. Last but not least stop worrying about the Corona Virus Disease (COVID-19), stress will definitely bring down your immune system! Take this time to connect with your family & friends via Skype, face-time or even over a meal ( immediate live in family).